Terms and Conditions of Use
Cambridge University Press is a syndicate of the University of Cambridge and our principal place of business is at the Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge, CB2 8RU.
Intellectual property rights
We own or are licensed to use all intellectual property rights in and to this website. Any materials contained on this website are copyright © Cambridge University Press or published under licence from the copyright holder by Cambridge University Press. Users undertake to ensure that the intellectual property rights of the copyright holder and the software owners and the moral rights of the authors of the Materials are not infringed.
Access to and use of this website
In accessing any part of this website, you agree not to:
• Engage in systematic copying or downloading of the materials or transmit any part of the materials by any means to any unauthorised user;
• Allow copies to be stored or accessed by an unauthorised user;
• Make the materials available in any other form or medium or create derivative works, in whole or in part, without the written permission of Cambridge University Press;
• Alter, amend, modify or change the materials;
• Reproduce or exploit any material, in whole or in part, for commercial gain;
• Use this website in such a way that disrupts, interferes with or restricts the use of this website by other users;
• Upload, display or transmit any materials through this website which are false, offensive, defamatory, threatening, obscene, unlawful or which infringe the rights of any other person anywhere in the world;
• Reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of this website or attempt to transmit to or via this website any information that contains a virus, worm, trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component; and
• Change, modify, delete, interfere with or misuse data contained on this website and entered by or relating to any third party user of this website.
Material contained in this website may be downloaded, viewed and printed for personal use or internal circulation within your organisation provided that no trade mark, copyright or other proprietary notices contained in or appearing on such material are removed in whole or in part. Material contained in this website may not otherwise be copied, reproduced or redistributed in whole or in part without our prior written consent.
Cambridge University Press reserves the right to withdraw the user’s access to the materials in the event of systematic breach of these conditions by any authorised user.
Users are able to post comments on Cambridge Medicine blog provided that:
All content / comments uploaded must:
- be accurate (where it states facts)
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions)
- comply with any applicable laws, including in any country from which it is posted
- be relevant.
Users shall not upload content / comments which:
- includes promotional materials or transmits any ‘junk mail’ ‘spam’ or ‘chain letters’ or any other form of solicitation for goods or services;
- you do not have the right to upload under any law or under any other obligatory relationship;
- infringes any intellectual property right including without limitation patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any other person;
- is defamatory, libellous, unlawful, threatening or harmful, abusive, harassing, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- is likely to reasonably harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- impersonates any person, or misrepresents your identity or affiliation with any person;
- gives the impression that the content / comment emanates from Cambridge University Press if this is not the case;
- discloses the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- breaches any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or duty of confidence;
- is in contempt of court;
- advocates, promotes or incites any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
Whilst Cambridge Medicine blog is subject to some moderation, Cambridge University Press will not be responsible as author, editor or publisher of any material included on Cambridge Medicine and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the material by any person.
In the event that an individual wishes to complain about material included on Cambridge Medicine blog, it should report the material to us at the following address: jridge[at]cambridge.org. Any such complaint should include the following details:
• Name and email address of the individual reporting the infringement;
• The nature of the infringement (copyright infringement, obscene or abusive content, defamation, etc);
• A hyperlink and reference number (where applicable) to the content in question;
• Confirmation that in the case of someone reporting a copyright infringement, you are the copyright holder or are authorised to act on the copyright holder’s behalf.
We will review complaints promptly and will inform you of the outcome of our review within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.
Exclusions and limitations of liability
This website has been prepared with the aim of providing information about Cambridge University Press, our products and services.
Owing to the nature of the Internet we cannot guarantee that this website or the websites to which it is linked will always be available to users. You should ensure that you have appropriate protection against viruses and other security arrangements in place whilst using the Internet.
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information on this website was accurate at the time of publication, it is subject to variation at any time without notice and we do not give any warranty that any such information will be accurate or complete at any particular time or at all.
This website and any information or other material contained in it are made available strictly on the basis that you accept it on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. Where you rely on any information or other material contained in it, you do so entirely at your own risk and you accept that all warranties, conditions and undertakings, express or implied, whether by common law, statute, trade usage, course of dealings or otherwise in respect of this website are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We exclude all liability whatever, to the fullest extent permitted by law, in respect of any loss or damage resulting or arising from any non-availability or use of this website or of any other website linked to it, or from reliance on the contents of this website or any material or content accessed through it.
Links from this website are provided for information and convenience only and we have no control over and cannot therefore accept responsibility or liability for the content of any linked third party website. We do not endorse any linked website.